On August 11, 2017, House of Representatives (H.R.) Bill 3652 was introduced and, if passed, would amend the Internal Revenue Code to make the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) permanent for qualified new hires who begin work after December 31, 2019.
What you need to know:
- The Bill has officially moved to the House Ways & Means Committee for consideration.
- With processes to reform the tax code scheduled to begin in September, the Ways & Means Committee may be delayed in considering H.R. Bill 3652.
- The Congressional Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) will need to score this legislation and estimate its cost over a 10 year period—it’s unlikely we’d see a vote without this information.
Other ways to stay informed:
- Follow this bill at: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3652
- Read more about WOTCs here: Cost Reduction Opportunities Using Tax Credits: The Financial Advantage
- Learn more about opportunities for tax credits savings at: Maximize Your Employment Tax Credits and WOTC