By Gary Lott, Division Vice President and General Manager of Wage Payments Added Value Services
Payroll cards continue to grow in popularity and many companies already are experiencing the potential cost savings and payroll flexibility that a more electronic payroll process can deliver to their workforce. But sometimes administering payroll card programs can be a bit cumbersome and time-consuming for employers because it requires them to toggle between a few online administration tools.
That’s all changed for employers that offer the ALINE Card. To help improve the payroll card administration experience for its clients, ADP® has moved key functions of the ALINE Card into the ADP SmartCompliance platform.
Previously, employers that offered the card to their employees had to manage the ALINE Card or the fully electronic pay solution, ALINE Pay by ADP®, through the Visa® Prepaid Administration Tool (PAT). To help streamline the electronic payroll process, ADP has moved core PAT functions, such as enrollment, funding, inventory management and reporting to ADP SmartCompliance.
Specifically, employers now can use ADP SmartCompliance to manage ALINE Card functions, such as:
- Individual and bulk enrollment. This feature helps employers quickly and efficiently enroll employees, that have elected to be paid on an ALINE Card, so they can pay their workforce electronically.
- Single and bulk card funding. This capability speeds instant funding transfers to employee ALINE Cards.
- Instant issue card stock management. This helps employers order welcome packets that include cards and required disclosures so the employer can quickly issue a card to an employee without waiting for a personalized card to arrive in the mail.
- Support for fully paperless payroll with ALINE Pay. Some states allow employers to offer paperless pay options, but other states require the employer to offer employees the option to receive their pay by paper check, if they choose. The ADP fully electronic pay solution featuring ALINE Pay allows employers to offer an electronically funded paper check that employees or employers can authenticate and complete on pay day.
- Card activation monitoring process. This process allows employers the ability to monitor card activation to help keep them compliant with wage and hour requirements. Employees who have selected the ALINE Card or ALINE Check by ADP® as their wage payment selection, must activate the card or authenticate and complete the ALINE Check in order to access their pay on payday. If they do not activate the card or authenticate and complete the ALINE Check within 30 days of receiving payroll loads, the employee enrollment profiles may be closed and any remaining funds will be sent via a traditional check to the address on profile.
- Online instant funding reversals. This feature enables employers to instantly reverse the full amount of funds transferred from a separate ALINE funding account within 5 days from the initial transfer. It helps to simplify the process of correcting a funding error should one occur.
- Custom reporting. This feature enables employers to generate reports, such as the reports to verify enrollment, funding, card inventory, and to verify work locations on employee self-enrollments for the ALINE Card.
ADP® ALINE Card helps streamline a business’s wage payment processes by providing a payroll card to employees who elect to receive their pay electronically on a pay card. It may reduce the administrative burden of checks and provide employees secure, fast, and convenient access to their net pay.
Businesses with large employee populations, such as manufacturing, staffing, transportation and utilities, health care and social assistance, retail trade, and construction are ideally suited to the ALINE Card solution. The ALINE Card is designed to be compliant for use in every state in the United States.
Using the ALINE Card, employees can shop and pay bills in stores, by phone, online and in-apps. It gives employees immediate access to their paycheck on payday, and provides them the added flexibility of managing their account on the go with the free ADP® Mobile Solutions app. They also can use the card to pay securely with a single touch using Apple Pay®. (After successful provisioning of compatible devices.)
Read more about the benefits of a payroll card here.
The ALINE Card by ADP® is issued by MB Financial Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to licenses from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and MasterCard International, Inc. The ALINE Card by ADP is also issued by Central National Bank, Enid, Oklahoma, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. ADP is a registered ISO of MB Financial Bank and Central National Bank, Enid, Oklahoma. Apple and Apple Pay are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. ADP, the ADP logo, ADP SmartComplinace, ALINE Card by ADP, ALINE Pay by ADP, and ALINE Check by ADPare registered trademarks of ADP, LLC. ADP A more human resource. is a service mark of ADP, LLC. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright © 2017 ADP, LLC. All rights reserved.