For many employers, the last three months of the calendar year can be quite overwhelming as you prepare for routine year-end workforce activities such as distributing Forms W-2, potential changes in employer taxes, and the ongoing effects of legislative and regulatory changes.
Keeping pace with all of these tasks — while remaining compliant — can be daunting. To help with these efforts, ADP® is conducting two hour-long webcasts that will offer insights on the latest changes and trends pertaining to year-end reporting, including aspects of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), unemployment insurance tax, Forms W-2 reporting and payroll.
Topics of discussion will include:
Affordable Care Act (ACA)
o New IRS® ACA E-File Systems and Error Notices
o IRS ACA Penalty Assessments
Unemployment Insurance (UI) Tax
o Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA) Changes
– Possible FUTA credit reduction and Benefit Cost Rate Assessment
– Affected states and potential outcomes
o State Unemployment Tax Changes
– Proposed expansions to quarterly wage reporting
o Update on the projected solvency of state UI trust funds
Changes to Year-End Reporting
– New IRS fraud detection initiatives affecting employers
– IRS Form W-2 verification code initiative
– Return Integrity and Compliance Services (RICS) – IRS Early Filing Program
– Electronic Federal Tax Payment System® (EFTPS) inquiry PINS
– Accelerated W-2 due dates
– Electronic filing trends
The webcasts – for HR leaders, finance leaders and business owners – will be conducted at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. ET on October 13, 2016. The sessions will be facilitated by Pete Isberg, vice president of Government Relations for ADP, and will feature several other ADP subject-matter experts with tips on smart year-end planning. Register today!